With sopes, 6 people
- 6 limes, juiced
- 2 jalapeños, minced with the seeds
- 1 Tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 cucumber, julienned
- 1/2 head cabbage, shredded
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Top the sope and bean mixture in this recipe: https://marisolio.com/recipes/sopes-with-chorizo-refried-beans, then add the tomato chili sauce and you have a great street food dish.
- Season with salt and pepper and add the toasted fennel. Let stand for 30-60 minutes to bring out the flavors of the mixture.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the lime juice, jalapeños, cucumber, cabbage, cilantro and onions.
- In a dry skillet, toast the fennel seeds until they become fragrant. Put aside.
- If desired, this recipe can be eaten separately as a spicy salad .