- 6 already prepared vol au vent shells
- 1/2 lb. button mushrooms
- 1-10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 2 TBLSP good quality olive oil such as Picual, Portuguese Cobrancosa, or Picholine
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped dill
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small skillet, sauté the mushrooms until they release their moisture and turn a golden brown.
- Squeeze the spinach until dry, forcing out as much water as possible. Mix the spinach and the feta, onion, olive oil, dill, and garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, beat 1 egg to blend and fold into the spinach mixture.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, cook the mixture until onions and garlic are soft.
- Re-heat the vols au vent shells until just warm (2-3 minutes).
- Spoon the warm spinach and feta mixture into the vols au vent shells.
- Top with a few mushrooms and serve immediately.