- 8 oz. baby spinach (about 7 cups)
- 3 slices of bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 lb. shelled and deveined large shrimp
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- One 15-oz can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tablespoon Hojiblanca EVOO or other varietal olive oil
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup Pinot Noir Wine Vinegar
- Place the spinach on a large platter.
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp. Drain all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and cook it with the bacon over moderately high heat until just white throughout.
- Add the beans, season with salt and pepper and toss until heated. Scoop out the shrimp and beans and place on the bed of spinach.
- Using the same skillet, heat 1 Tablespoons of the Hojiblanca EVOO or varietal olive oil of your choice. Add the chopped shallot and cook until softened. Add the mustard, whisk in the Pinot Noir Wine Vinegar, and finally add the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil. Whisk until mixed well. Season the dressing with salt and pepper and pour it over the salad.
- Serve immediately.