- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Crumble Topping:
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (not instant)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2-1/4 teaspoons Organic Butter Olive Oil, chilled
- 1 tablespoon Organic Butter Olive Oil, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon cranberry or apple juice
- 1 lb. rhubarb, trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces (about 4 cups)
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1. For the filling, preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Toss together the rhubarb, strawberries, granulated sugar and 2 tablespoons flour in a large bowl. Transfer the mixture to a shallow 1-1/2-quart baking dish or deep-dish 9-inch pie plate, pressing down on the fruit to form an even layer.
- 2. For the crumble topping, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, and the chilled and the room temperature Organic Butter Olive Oil in a bowl. Work the ingredients together with a fork until the mixture is crumbly. Stir in the fruit juice until the mixture is evenly moistened.
- 3. Distribute the topping mixture evenly over the fruit. Bake until the fruit is bubbling and the topping is golden, 35-40 minutes.