Sign Up to Get our Newletter and Recipes by Email
Fantastic olive oils....make sure you try the black truffle.....amazing....a little bit o' Heaven in a bottle!"
- Denise B.
It's a true pleasure to encourage people to visit your store!"
- Mary J.
Steak with Beer-Soaked Mushrooms and Blue Cheese Potatoes
An Olive Oil Recipe
- 20 small fingerling potatoes, washed and cut in half
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Frantoio-Leccino Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 oz. blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 medium yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 12-15 large button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 oz. dark beer
- 2 thick steaks, 3/4-1 lb. each
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Make sure the potatoes are cut in half and the veggies are sliced and minced before starting. This way, everything should be ready at the same time.
- Toss the potatoes with salt, pepper and Frantoio-Leccino Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Spread the potatoes on a metal pan in a single layer and roast for 20-30 minutes until lightly browned. They should be done about the same time as the steaks.
- While the potatoes are roasting, caramelize the onions by placing the sliced onions in a dry pan, without salt, and cook on medium-high heat for about 5 minutes. The onions will soften and turn a dark brown. Then add a little of the Leccino-Frantoio EVOO and a little salt and cook an additional 5 minutes. Remove the onions to a plate.
- Return the pan to the stove, adding 2 more Tablespoons of the Frantoio/Leccino EVOO. Add the mushrooms, stirring to coat with the oil, and cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Add half the beer. Bring the beer to a simmer and cook, stirring the mushrooms occasionaly, for about 5 minutes. Add the cooked onions and pour in the remaining beer. Continue stirring over medium heat until the sauce is reduced and thickened (about 10-15 minutes). Turn heat to lowest setting and keep the mixture warm until the steaks are done.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat 2 Tablespoons of the Frantoio/Leccino EVOO over high heat. Season the steaks with salt and pepper and add to the hot skillet. Cook for 4-1/2 minutes on each side. This will produce a medium rare steak. Cook longer if you like your steak cooked more well done. Remove the pan from the stove and tent with foil for 5 minutes.
- While the steaks are cooking, check the potatoes. If they are brown and fork-tender, sprinkle the blue cheese crumbles over the potatoes and broil for about 5 minutes.
- Plate the steaks, spoon the mushroom/onion mixture over the steaks, and place a portion of the blue cheese potatoes on the side. Voila! The perfect Valentine's Dinner.