60 or less minutes
- steak for 4 people (top sirloin, filet mignon, flank, London broil....your choice)
- 4 cups fresh morel mushrooms
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 large shallot bulbs
- 4 tablespoons Wild Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil
- 1 pint heavy cream
- On medium-low heat let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Wash and chop asparagus into 1-inch pieces. Add to skillet and cook for 3 minutes, then add the rest of the Wild Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil and the heavy cream.
- Add morels to skillet and cook 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Dice shallots. Heat a skillet to medium heat and add half the Wild Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil. Add shallots to skillet and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- If morels are store-bought they can be used immediately. If picked in the woods, they must be soaked in water with 1-2 teaspoons salt for an hour or more to rid the nooks and crannies of any forest debris. When clean, cut the morels in half lengthwise. Keep in mind you should not eat raw morels. When cooked, they are a delicious delicacy, but unlike some mushrooms, they should never be eaten raw. Don't be afraid of them, just don't eat them raw.
- As the sauce heats, grill your steaks and prepare the pasta. Time the cooking of the steak and pasta so that they are finished at about the time the sauce will be ready (in 30 minutes).
- Dish up the steak and pasta, pour warm sauce over both.