- 2-1/2 Tablespoons Hojiblanca Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 raw king prawns or 16-20 (size 21-25/lb) prawns, shelled and deveined
- 2 Tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 Tablespoon caster sugar
- 2 Tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons chicken stock
- 2 green onions, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 long red chili, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1-2 Tablespoons finely chopped Thai basil leaves (purplish)
- For the Paste
- 1 long red chili, cut in very small pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and diced
- 1/3 - 1/2-inch piece of fresh turmeric tuber, scraped, cleaned and grated or substitute 1/3 - 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- To make the paste, pound all the paste ingredients in a mortar and pestle to a uniform paste or grind together in a food processor to make a paste.
- Heat the oil in a wok or a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the paste and stir fry until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the prawns and mix thoroughly with the paste for 1 minute, then add the oyster sauce, sugar, fish sauce and chicken stock and stir fry for 30 seconds. Taste for seasoning. It should be hot, salty and sweet.
- Add the green onions, red chili and basil and stir to mix all the ingredients together.
- Serve immediately with steamed jasmine rice.