- 3 Tablespoons sesame seeds (white or black)
- 2 large egg whites`
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 lb. peeled and deveined raw shrimp (21-25/lb. size)
- 2 Tablespoons Koroneiki Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup Sherry Reserva Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce, regular or reduced sodium
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg whites, cornstarch, sesame seeds, salt and pepper until frothy. Add shrimp and toss until shrimp are well-coated.
- In a non-stick skillet or wok, heat 1 Tablespoon Koroneiki EVOO over medium heat.
- Add half the shrimp and cook until golden, about 1-2 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels. Repeat the process with the rest of the shrimp.
- Add orange juice, sherry, soy sauce and sugar to the pan. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring occasionally, until partially thickened and reduced by half. This will take about 4-6 minutes. Place the shrimp back in the pan and stir until they are coated with the sauce.
- Serve immediately with the sliced green onions on top.