- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup Fused Whole Fruit Lemon Olive Oil
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1-1/4 cup lightly packed light brown sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sea salt, divided
- 2 cups fresh, rinsed strawberries with stems removed (1 cup sliced, 1 cup diced), divided
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour, sifted
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Put the diced strawberries and a cup of the brown sugar in a medium size bowl. Mash together until the strawberries release their juice. Add lemon juice, eggs, oil and sour cream and stir the mixture until well blended.
- Whisk together the pastry flour, lemon zest, baking powder, baking soda and 1 teaspoon of the salt until thoroughly mixed.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Fold the strawberry mixture into the flour mixture and gently stir until flour is invisible. Pour the batter into the oiled 9x13 pan.
- In a separate bowl, combine butter, all-purpose flour, remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Using a fork, lightly mix until crumbly. Sprinkle the crumb topping over the cake. Distribute the strawberry slices evenly on top of the crumbs and gently push them into the crumbs.
- Bake about 40-45 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a baking rack.