- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1/4 cup Lemon White Balsamic Condimento
- 1/4 cup Athinoella Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup minced green onions
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cucumber, seeded and diced
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 basket of fresh strawberries, washed and diced
- Put the bulgur in a large bowl and pour the boiling water over it. Add the Lemon White Balsamic Condimento, Athinoella EVOO (or olive oil of your choice) and about 1-1/2 teaspoons of salt. Set aside for at least 1 hour.
- Make sure all the liquid has been absorbed. To the bulgur, add the green onions, mint, parsley, cucumber, pepper and salt to taste. Mix well. Gently fold in the diced strawberries. Season further, as needed.
- The tabbouleh can be served right away but the flavors will improve if it sits for a few hours. It can be left at room temperature or covered and refrigerated.