- 1 store-bought Dr. Oetker sponge cake tart shell (12-inch) or 12 individual strawberry shortcake tarts, or make your own spongecake recipe in a 13x9 pan.
- 2 ounces Lemon White Balsamic Condimento
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 1/3 cup lemon curd or lemon pie filling mix.
- 1/2 pint raspberries or sliced strawberries
- 1/2 pint blueberries or blackberries
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- sifted powdered sugar
- In a bowl, mix the Mascarpone cheese, whipping cream and curd with an electric beater to combine until smooth.
- Remove tart from packaging or from the rectangular cake pan and place on a serving platter or dish.
- Liberally douse the the tart(s) or cake with the Lemon White Balsamic Condimento
- *If baking your own cake, allow for additional baking and cooling time.
- Chill in refrigerator. Before serving, dust with sifted powdered sugar.
- If using the tart, fill the tart with the cream mixture and decorate, alternating red and blue fruits on top of the lemon cream mixture to evoke a patriotic feel.
- Frost the cake and decorate like a flag, using the red berries for the stripes and the blue/black berries for the stars area.