- 12 baguette slices (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 3-1/2 Tablespoons California Garlic Olive Oil or Basil Olive Oil
- 1 medium tomato, peeled, seeded and diced in 1/4 inch cubes
- 2 Tablespoons soft sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), julienned
- 1 Tablespoon Sherry Reserva Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons bottled black olive tapenade
- 8 oz. soft mild goat cheese log, cut across into 1/2 inch thick slices or crumbled
- Garnish: fresh basil leaves, torn or shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush 1 side of baguette slices using 2 Tablespoons of oil in all and arrange, oiled sides up, on a baking sheet. Place bread in the middle of the oven and toast bread until golden on top, about 7 minutes. Transfer to rack to cool. Keep oven on.
- In a medium size bowl, stir together the fresh and dried tomatoes, basil, Sherry Reserva Vinegar, and 1/2 Tablespoon of California Garlic Olive Oil or Basil Olive Oil.
- Spread each toast piece with tapenade and top with a slice of goat cheese (or crumbled goat cheese) and a rounded teaspoon of the tomato mixture.
- Arrange the toasts on a baking sheet, then season with salt and pepper and drizzle with 1/2 teaspoon oil.
- Bake toasts in middle of oven until cheese is softened (about 5 minutes). Transfer to a platter and drizzle with remaining 1/2 Tablespoon oil.
- The toast pieces can be made 2 days ahead, cooled completely, and kept in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Tomato mixture may be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered.