60 - 90 minutes
4 - 6 people
- 2 cups savory white beans (dried and cooked) or 2 small cans navy beans)
- One 8 oz. can pineapple chunks, packed in juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Aged Pineapple White Balsamic Condimento
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 - 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips or chunks
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (to taste)
- Cover and bake 1 to 1-1/2 hours
- (Modified from Sue and Bill Deeming's Bean Cookery)
- Combine beans, peppers and pineapple in a 1 quart casserole dish. Pour sauce over the beans and stir gently.
- Stir over medium heat until sauce boils and slightly thickens, remove from heat.
- Stir cornstarch into juice mixture. Combine juice mixture, soy sauce, Pineapple Balsamic Condimento, sugar and red pepper flakes in a small saucepan.
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees
- Prepare savory white beans. Drain, reserving the liquid.
- Drain pineapple, reserving the liquid in a measuring cup. Add enough reserved liquid from the beans to measure 3/4 cup.