- 5 cups of seedless red grapes
- 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and sliced
- 2 tbsp minced fresh ginger root
- 2 cinnamon sticks 3 inches long, halved
- 4 whole star anise
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 tsp mustard seed
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 cups of champagne vinegar
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of pinot noir vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp canning salt
- Pack grapes into four hot 1-pint jars to within 1-1/2 inches of the top. Divide jalapenos, ginger, cinnamon, star anise, coriander seeds and mustard seeds among jars.
- In a large saucepan, combine brown sugar, vinegar, water, wine and canning salt. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 3 cups (15-18 min)
- Carefully ladle hot liquid over grape mixture, leaving ½ in. of headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace if necessary, by adding hot liquid. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes, Remove jars and cool.