- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- For Bread Pudding:
- 8 cups cubed challah, brioche, or french bread
- 2-3 tablespoons or more of Pomegranate-Quince Balsamic Condimento
- 2-3 tablespoons or more of Cara-Cara Balsamic Condimento and/or
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- For Sauces:
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Organic Butter Olive Oil
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons Irish Whiskey or bourbon and/or
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 13x9-inch baking dish or 2-quart shallow casserole. Place bread cubes and toasted pecans in baking dish.
- Beat in medium bowl until well blended 3/4 cup sugar, eggs and egg yolks. Add the milk, vanilla, salt and nutmeg. Beat until completely blended. Pour egg mixture over the bread and pecans. Let stand 15-20 minutes, pressing down on bread from time to time.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes before serving.
- Combine 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon in small bowl and sprinkle over the bread mixture.
- For whiskey sauce, pour Organic Butter Olive Oil in heavy saucepan. Add remaining 2/3 cup sugar. Shake pan to create an even layer but do not stir. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Stir mixture. Continue cooking for 2 more minutes or until deep golden brown. Gradually stir in cream (mixture will sizzle). Cook and stir until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in whiskey, 1 tablespoon at a time. Serve bread pudding warm or at room temperature topped with warm sauce
- For a variation on the whiskey sauce, substitute Cara-Cara-Orange-Vanilla White Balsamic Condimento for the whiskey, drizzling more condimento over bread pudding, as desired.
- A third variation replaces the whiskey with Pomegranate-Quince Balsamic Condimento. Drizzle more condimento over the bread pudding, as desired.