- 1 lb. Great Northern white beans, dried & rinsed
- 2 inch sprig Rosemary, fresh
- 4 cups low chicken or vegetable stock and water to cover beans
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- 2 whole cloves of Garlic, mashed
- 1 large Carrot, peeled & diced
- 1 large Celery Rib, diced
- 2 ripe, fresh Roma tomatoes, peeled, diced, & seeded (or substitute one small can of diced tomatoes in juice)
- 2 teaspoons Sea Salt
- Fresh Ground Pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup & 2 tablespoons robust EVOO, fresh pressed, such as FS17, Ultra Picholine, or Ultra Picual
- In a 6 quart or larger stock pot, add all of the ingredients except you olive oil of choice.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat, partially covered for approximately 4 hours or until the beans are tender and fully cooked through. Add more water if necessary.
- Allow the beans to cool completely.
- In the bowl of a food processor, ladle two cups of cooked beans and vegetables, along with liquid they were cooked in.
- Add 1/3 cup FS17, Ultra Picholine, or Ultra Picual EVOO and process until smooth or desired consistency is reached.
- Serve at room temperature, drizzled with two tablespoons of reserved EVOO of your choice.
- The spread can be served with crudités, lavash, pita, or crusty bread.