Including marinating time, 75 minutes
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 2 Tablespoons tandoori masala paste or masala powder, to taste
- 2 teaspoons canned pureed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 5 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2-1/2 Tablespoons cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 2 Tablespoons ground coriander
- 2 Tablespoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 cod fillets (6 oz. each), rinsed and dried with paper towels
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons Hojiblanca EVOO or Frantoio EVOO
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges + 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced, for garnish
- 2 Tablespoons plain non-fat yogurt
- In a large bowl, mix together the yogurt, ginger-garlic paste, tandoori masala paste, tomato puree, soy sauce, vinegar, lemon juice, egg, cayenne pepper, coriander, cumin, turmeric, salt and pepper. Put the fish in the marinade and turn to coat each side. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Use one teaspoon each of the butter and olive oil to coat a shallow baking dish large enough to place all the fillets in one layer.
- Remove fish from marinade and place in baking dish. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil and dot with the remaining butter. Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown on top, about 30-40 minutes.
- Place fish on warm serving platter and garnish with cilantro, lemon wedges, and onions.