- 1 Tablespoon Chipotle Olive Oil
- 1 small jalapeño, minced (include a few seeds for extra heat)
- 1/2 large red onion, diced finely
- 2 teaspoons Pinot Noir Wine Vinegar
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1-1/4 cups low-sodium broth vegetable (or chicken broth, if preferred)
- 1 cup canned crushed roasted tomatoes
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons chili powder
- Two 15-oz. cans beans such as black and kidney, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups cooked brown or white rice
- 1/2 cup finely shredded extra-sharp Cheddar
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the jalapeños, onions and vinegar and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook about 30 seconds.
- Stir in the broth, tomatoes, chili powder and increase the heat to high. Bring to a full boil and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the beans and return to a full boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until just slightly thickened but still soupy, about 5 minutes. Stir in the cilantro.
- Fill each bowl with about 1/2 cup of rice. Ladle the chili on top, sprinkle with the Cheddar cheese.
- Serve immediately.