- 3 Tablespoons Wild Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 15.5 oz. can great Northern beans or cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15.5 oz. can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tablespoon Marisolio Traditional Aged up to 18 Years Balsamic Condimento
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup quick cooking polenta
- 2-1/4 teaspoons Organic Butter Olive Oil
- salsa (optional)
- Heat the Wild Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, chili powder, and cumin and sauté until onions are soft.
- Add the tomatoes and 1 cup water. Bring to a simmer, partially cover with a lid, and cook 10 minutes.
- Add the beans and return to a simmer. Continue cooking, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until the chili is thick.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Traditional Balsamic Condimento. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Prepare the polenta according to the package directions; stir in the Organic Butter Olive Oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the polenta between 4 bowls. Ladle the chili over the top. Spoon a little salsa on top, if desired.