- 4 Tablespoons Vermont Maple Balsamic Condimento
- 2 Tablespoons Pinot Noir Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon good quality Dijon style mustard
- 4 Tablespoons Ultra Premium Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons finely minced shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly gound black pepper to taste
- 4 slices center-cut bacon, cooked until crispy and finely crumbled
- 2 quarts young spinach leaves, stems removed, washed
- Place spinach in a serving bowl.
- Place the maple balsamic, half the crumbled bacon, the Pinot Noir Wine Vinegar, salt, half the shallots, pepper and mustard in a small saucepan over medium heat. Gently warm while whisking. Remove from heat before it reaches a simmer.
- Allow to cool for a minute, and then whisk in the Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil to emulsify. Adjust the seasoning.
- Gently dress the spinach with warm vinaigrette and top with remaining crumbled bacon and shallots.