- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 Tablespoons stout
- 2 Tablespoons Butter Olive Oil
- Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- 6 oz. Lancashire cheese, grated. Sharp Cheddar or Gruyere cheese can be substituted.
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 slices bread
- Make a paste from a little of the stout and the dry mustard. Stir in the rest of the stout and add the butter olive oil and about 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce. Heat slowly.
- Sprinkle in the cheese and stir to melt. Take care not to let the mixture boil. Season to taste. Take off the burner and cool until just slightly warm. Don't let it solidify.
- Toast the bread on both sides under the broiler. Beat the yolks into the warm cheese until smooth and then spoon onto the toast. Heat until bubbly and golden. Serve immediately.