- 1 cup wild rice (or brown rice)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts (toasted or untoasted)
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced thinly
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons Hojiblanca, Manzanillo, Picual or any other Ultra Premium EVOO
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Cook the rice, either wild or brown, according to directions on your package. When cooked, let the rice sit for 10-15 minutes, then take the lid off and let rice cool to almost room temperature. Fluff with fork.
- When cooled, mix together the rice, dried cherries, hazelnuts, and green onions.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, olive oil, orange peel, sugar, salt and pepper to taste until thoroughly blended.
- Just before serving, mix the dressing with the rice mixture. Can be served warm, chilled, or room temperature.